PSMLA Teacher of the Year
This program is intended to select viable candidates for the ACTFL Teacher of the Year. Candidates must be full-time world language Pre-K-12 teachers or postsecondary instructors or professors who spend at least 50% of their time in direct teaching during the year of application with an expectation of teaching for at least two additional years. Candidates must be in the profession a minimum of five years and demonstrate excellence in world language education; be an active member of PSMLA for a minimum of 3 complete consecutive years (for example January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2015); demonstrate leadership in world language education; impact the local, state, and/or national arenas; and demonstrate continued growth as a world language educator.
Check out our recent PSMLA Teachers of the Year.
Applications are due on March 31. Send your application to email@example.com.
PSMLA Outstanding World Language Educator of the Year
- Maximum awards: one K-12 and one post-secondary education
- Significant contribution to the profession
- Minimum ten years teaching, supervisory and/or administrative experience
- Membership for three current, consecutive years in PSMLA
- Active involvement in at least one other foreign language association is highly recommended.
- Recipients receive a plaque at the Fall Conference.
- Candidates may be selected from the region where the conference is held.
Current Executive Council members are not eligible.
- Given to individuals or institutions who have rendered exceptional service in the promotion of foreign languages
- Must be individuals or institutions outside the foreign language profession
- One to three awards presented at the Fall Conference
- Recipients receive a plaque at the Fall Conference
- Current Executive Council members are not eligible.